Basicmenu is a an open source library coded in C, allows the programmer to create and display a menu easily in his/her console application on linux and mac os x, works with C/C++ programs.
There is no installation required, you need just to download the basicmenu.h file, include it in your code then start use the libray :)
To use this library , you have just to learn about some basic functions
1. Start the basic menu library :
First you need to tell the program that uses the library
to do this, invoke
startBasicMenu() function in the beginning of the main.
2. Create and initialize a new menu:
To create a new menu you need to declare it with its type:
To initialize it with the
3. Add a new item to the menu:
Any menu, needs to have at least tow items, to add a new item to the menu use the
You can add unlimited number of items, but be careful to don't exceed the console size :)
see the TODO list.
4. Put and display a menu into the program:
To display the menu you need to invoke the
- Allow the programmer to add unlimited items to the menu.
- Add a scroll menu option.
- Add the maximum of items to shown on the menu.
for more functions and examples please visit the documentation
Are you a developer? Fork me on GitHub
I'll be very happy to take pull requests from others, Go ahead and fork me.
for code documentation please visit Documentation page